Topics for student works
In the course of your studies you will have to write a bachelor thesis, a project thesis or a master thesis, depending on the course of study. During this time you will acquire new specialist knowledge under the supervision and guidance of a professor or research assistant and learn the tools of the trade of independent development and research work.
Important: In addition to the topics advertised here, we have a whole series of further research questions in progress. If you are interested, we invite you to make an appointment with Prof. Cap or Dr. Mundt and discuss a topic tailored to your personal needs in a direct conversation.
Topics specified by companies will be accepted if they fit very well into our current research questions or result from a research project that we carry out with the company.
It is helpful if the first contact with the supervisor takes place 2-3 months before the actual start of the thesis so that the topic can be sensibly coordinated and registered in time for a Bachelor's or Master's thesis. The earlier you register, the better the work can be placed in the research landscape of the chair.
M: Master thesis
B: Bachelor thesis
P: Software project or KSWS
- (M) Exploring a narrow-band OFDM-Protocol in an ultrasound spectrum - Supervisor Clemens Cap
- (BM) Second Screen - Supervisor Clemens Cap
- (PBM) Integration von Microservices - Supervisor Clemens Cap
- (PBM) Disruptive Science und Blog/Wiki Publishing - Supervisor Clemens Cap
- (BM) Targeted Advertisement - Supervisor Clemens Cap
Network Security and Privacy
- (BM) Machine Learning on DIN rails - Supervisor Thomas Mundt
- (BM) Automatisierte Sicherheitsbeurteilung von IoT-Geräten - Supervisor Johann Bauer
- (M) Topologieerkennung in Feldbussen - Supervisor Thomas Mundt
- (PBM) Authentisierung am Browser über Wearables und Portables - Supervisor Clemens Cap
- (MB) Conceptualising a Risk Model for Networked Systems - Supervisor Darshit Pandya